Looking for a full, FREE Your Money or Your Life summary?
You're in the right place!
Here's what you'll find on this page...
Your Money or Your Life Summary
This Your Money or Your Life publisher’s blurb comes from the Penguin paperback edition of the book…
“For more than twenty-five years, Your Money or Your Life has been considered the go-to book for taking back your life by changing your relationship with money.
Hundreds of thousands of people have followed this nine-step program, learning to live more deliberately and meaningfully with Vicki Robin’s guidance.
This fully revised and updated edition is the ultimate makeover of this bestselling classic, ensuring that its time-tested wisdom applies to people of all ages in our age of economic insecurity.
Whether you’re just beginning your financial life or heading toward retirement, this book will show you how to:
- Get out of debt and develop savings;
- Save money through mindfulness and good habits, rather than strict budgeting;
- Declutter your life and live well for less;
- Invest your savings and begin creating wealth;
- save the planet while saving money…
And so much more.
Once you gain control of your money, you can stop just making a living and start truly making a life.”
Your Money or Your Life Contents
Your Money or Your Life has 9 main chapters…
1. The Money Trap: The Old Road Map for Money
- STEP 1: Making Peace with the Past
- A. How Much Have You Earned in Your Life?
- B. What Have You Got to Show for It?
2. Money Ain’t What It Used to Be — and Never Was
- STEP 2: Being in the Present — Tracking Your Life Energy
- A. How Much Are You Trading Your Life Energy For?
- B. Keep Track of Every Cent That Comes into or Goes out of Your Life
3. Where Is It All Going?
- STEP 3: Monthly Tabulation
4 How Much Is Enough? The Quest for Happiness
- STEP 4: Three Questions That Will Transform Your Life
- QUESTION 1: Did I Receive Fulfillment, Satisfaction, and Value in Pro-portion to Life Energy Spent?
- QUESTION 2: Is This Expenditure of Life Energy in Alignment with My Values and Life Purpose?
- QUESTION 3: How Might This Expenditure Change If I Didn’t Have to Work for Money?
5. Getting It Out in the Open
- STEP 5: Making Life Energy Visible
6. The American Dream — on a Shoestring
- STEP 6: Valuing Your Life Energy — Minimizing Spending
7. For Love or Money: Valuing Your Life Energy—Work and Income
- STEP 7: Valuing Your Life Energy — Maximizing Income
8. Catching Fire: The Crossover Point
- STEP 8: Capital and the Crossover Point
9. Where to Stash Your Cash for Long-Term Financial Freedom
- STEP 9: Investing for FI
Best Your Money or Your Life Quotes
These Your Money or Your Life quotes come from The Art of Living's ever-growing central library of thoughts, anecdotes, notes, and inspirational quotes.
"Money is something you trade your life energy for. You sell your time for money. It doesn’t matter that Ned over there sells his time for a hundred dollars and you sell yours for twenty dollars an hour. Ned’s money is irrelevant to you. The only real asset you have is your time. The hours of your life."- Vicki Robin, Your Money or Your Life
Read More: 5 Books Like Your Money or Your Life
And in the meantime...
Here are 5 top books like Your Money or Your Life...
Wish There Was a Faster/Easier Way?
Whenever you’re ready, here are four ways I can help you be more productive, find more balance and live life more on purpose…
- Curious? Discover how productive you really are… Take this free, 2-minute assessment to unlock your PQ and discover the top 25 habits you need to get big things done. Take the 2-minute quiz →
- Overwhelmed? Get a free chapter of my book… Let me show you how to beat procrastination, permanently, with this free sneak peek inside TAoL’s ultimate productivity primer. Download your free chapter →
- Stuck? Grab a 90-Day TRACKTION Planner… Get the tool thousands trust to help them take control of their time, master their habits and hit goals in every part of their lives. Order your 90-day planner →
- Burned out? Join the TRACKTION Community… Take the 6-week masterclass, get weekly group coaching, find accountability partners and connect with like-minded self-starters. Get started FREE →