M.A. Psychology, Oxford. McKinsey Alum. Founder & Editor at TAoL.
Looking for a full, FREE Taking Charge of Your Fertility summary?
You're in the right place!
Here's what you'll find on this page...
Taking Charge of Your Fertility Summary
This Publisher’s blurb comes from the 2015 paperback edition of Taking Charge of Your Fertility…
“This new edition for the twentieth anniversary of the groundbreaking national bestseller provides all the information you need to monitor your menstrual cycle—along with updated information on the latest reproductive technologies
Are you unhappy with your current method of birth control? Or demoralized by your quest to have a baby? Do you experience confusing signs and symptoms at various times in your cycle? This invaluable resource provides the answers to your questions while giving you amazing insights into your body.
Taking Charge of Your Fertility has helped literally hundreds of thousands of women avoid pregnancy naturally, maximize their chances of getting pregnant, or simply gain better control of their gynecological and sexual health. Toni Weschler thoroughly explains the empowering Fertility Awareness Method (FAM), which in only a couple of minutes a day allows you to:
- Enjoy highly effective and scientifically proven birth control without chemicals or devices
- Maximize your chances of conception before you see a doctor or resort to invasive high-tech options
- Expedite your fertility treatment by quickly identifying impediments to pregnancy achievement
- Gain control and a true understanding of your gynecological and sexual health
This new edition includes:
- A fully revised and intuitive charting system
- A selection of personalized master charts for birth control, pregnancy achievement, breastfeeding, and menopause
- An expanded sixteen-page color insert that reflects the book’s most important concepts
- Six brand-new chapters on topics including balancing hormones naturally, preserving your future fertility, and three medical conditions all women should be aware of
Taking Charge of Your Fertility Contents
There are six main parts with 25 main chapters (including the introduction and epilogue) and 3 main appendices in Taking Charge of Your Fertility…
– MAIN CHAPTERS –
Part One – Breaking Fertile Ground: Toward a New Way of Thinking
1. Fertility Awareness: What You Should Know and Why You Probably Don’t 2. Taking Control of Your Reproductive Health
Part Two – Rediscovering Your Cycle and Your Body
3. There’s More to Your Reproductive Anatomy Than Your Vagina
4. Finally Making Sense of Your Menstrual Cycle
5. The Three Primary Fertility Signs
6. How to Observe and Chart Your Fertility Signs
Part Three – Being Proactive With Your Health
7. Anovulation and Irregular Cycles
8. Three Prevalent Conditions All Women Should Be Aware Of: Ovarian Cysts, Endometriosis, and PCOS
9. Natural Ways to Balance Your Hormones
10. Now That You Know: Preserving Your Future Fertility
Part Four – Natural Birth Control
11. Natural Birth Control Without Chemicals or Devices
12. Shortcuts: Minimum Charting with Maximum Reliability
Part Five – Pregnancy Achievement
13. Maximizing Your Chances of Getting Pregnant
14. Practical Tips Beyond Fertility Awareness
15. What Next? Tests and Treatments That May Be Necessary to Get Pregnant
16. Dealing with Miscarriages
17. Idiopathic Infertility: Some Possible Causes When They’re Not Sure Why
Part Six – Beyond Fertility: Practical Benefits of Charting Your Cycle
18. Maintaining Your Gynecological Health
19. Causes of Unusual Bleeding
20. Appreciating Your Sexuality and Nurturing Your Relationship
21. Premenstrual Syndrome: You Mean It’s Not All in My Head?
22. Demystifying Menopause
23. Enriching Your Self-Esteem Through Knowledge About Your Body
Epilogue — A History of Progress: Women’s Health and the Missing Piece of the Puzzle
– APPENDICES –
I. Basic Information for All Readers
A. Troubleshooting Your Cycle: Expecting the Unexpected
B. Frequently Asked Questions
C. The Menstrual Cycle: A Summary of Events Through the Use of the Proverbial 28-Day Model
II. Natural Birth Control
D. The Contraceptive Effectiveness of Natural Birth Control
E. The Difference Between Natural Methods of Birth Control
F. Birth Control Rules When You Can Only Chart One Fertility Sign
G. Checking Cervical Fluid Internally Before Ovulation
H. Tricky Coverlines
I. Using FAM While Breastfeeding
J. Using FAM During Long Cycles and Phases of Anovulation
III. Pregnancy Achievement
K. A Brief Look at Gender Selection
L. How to Research Fertility Clinics
Best Taking Charge of Your Fertility Quotes
These Taking Charge of Your Fertility quotes come from The Art of Living's ever-growing central library of thoughts, anecdotes, notes, and inspirational quotes.
"A woman's preovulatory waking temps typically range from about 97.0 to 97.7 degrees Fahrenheit, with postovulatory temps rising to about 97.8 and higher. After ovulation, they will usually stay elevated until her next period, about 12 to 16 days later. If she were to become pregnant, they would remain high throughout much of her pregnancy, gradually dropping a few months before childbirth."- Toni Weschler, Taking Charge of Your Fertility
"The first part of the cycle, from Day 1 of menses to ovulation, is the follicular (or estrogenic) phase. Its duration can vary considerably from woman to woman and for an individual woman over her lifetime. The second phase of the cycle, from ovulation to the last day before the new period begins, is the luteal (or progestational) phase. It usually has a finite span of 12 to 16 days. What this ultimately means is that the day of ovulation determines the length of your cycle."- Toni Weschler, Taking Charge of Your Fertility
Read More: 5 Books Like Taking Charge of Your Fertility
And in the meantime...
Here are 5 top books like Taking Charge of Your Fertility...
Wish There Was a Faster/Easier Way?
Whenever you’re ready, here are four ways I can help you be more productive, find more balance and live life more on purpose…
- Curious? Discover how productive you really are… Take this free, 2-minute assessment to unlock your PQ and discover the top 25 habits you need to get big things done. Take the 2-minute quiz →
- Overwhelmed? Get a free chapter of my book… Let me show you how to beat procrastination, permanently, with this free sneak peek inside TAoL’s ultimate productivity primer. Download your free chapter →
- Stuck? Grab a 90-Day TRACKTION Planner… Get the tool thousands trust to help them take control of their time, master their habits and hit goals in every part of their lives. Order your 90-day planner →
- Burned out? Join the TRACKTION Community… Take the 6-week masterclass, get weekly group coaching, find accountability partners and connect with like-minded self-starters. Get started FREE →