Looking for a full, FREE Psycho-Cybernetics summary?
You're in the right place!
Here's what you'll find on this page...
This publisher’s blurb is taken from the 2017 updated and expanded edition of Psycho-Cybernetics.
Cybernetics (loosely translated from the Greek): “a helmsman who steers his ship to port.” Psycho-Cybernetics is a term coined by Dr. Maxwell Maltz, which means, “steering your mind to a productive, useful goal so you can reach the greatest port in the world, peace of mind.”
Since its first publication in 1960, Maltz’s landmark bestseller has inspired and enhanced the lives of more than 30 million readers. In this updated edition, with a new introduction and editorial commentary by Matt Furey, president of the Psycho-Cybernetics Foundation, the original text has been annotated and amplified to make Maltz’s message even more relevant for the contemporary reader.
“Before the mind can work efficiently, we must develop our perception of the outcomes we expect to reach. Maxwell Maltz calls this Psycho-Cybernetics; when the mind has a defined target it can focus and direct and refocus and redirect until it reaches its intended goal.” — Tony Robbins (from Unlimited Power)
Maltz was the first researcher and author to explain how the self-image (a term he popularized) has complete control over an individual’s ability to achieve (or fail to achieve) any goal. And he developed techniques for improving and managing self-image—visualization, mental rehearsal, relaxation—which have informed and inspired countless motivational gurus, sports psychologists, and self-help practitioners for more than fifty years.
The teachings of Psycho-Cybernetics are timeless because they are based on solid science and provide a prescription for thinking and acting that lead to quantifiable results.
Psycho-Cybernetics has 15 main chapters…
- The Self-Image: Your Key to a Better Life
- Discovering the Success Mechanism Within You
- Imagination: The First Key to Your Success Mechanism
- Dehypnotize Yourself from False Beliefs
- How to Utilize the Power of Rational Thinking
- Relax and Let Your Success Mechanism Work for You
- You Can Acquire the Habit of Happiness
- Ingredients of the “Success-Type” Personality and How to Acquire Them
- The Failure Mechanism: How to Make It Work for You Instead of Against You
- How to Remove Emotional Scars, or How to Give Yourself an Emotional Face-Lift
- How to Unlock Your Real Personality
- Do-It-Yourself Tranquilizers That Bring Peace of Mind
- How to Turn a Crisis into a Creative Opportunity
- How to Get That Winning Feeling
- More Years of Life and More Life in Your Years
Take a moment to really read through these chapter headings to get a good overview of the structure of the book.
Best Psycho-Cybernetics Quotes
These Psycho-Cybernetics quotes come from The Art of Living's ever-growing central library of thoughts, anecdotes, notes, and inspirational quotes.
"It is no exaggeration to say that every human being is hypnotized to some extent either by ideas he has uncritically accepted from others or ideas he has repeated to himself or convinced himself are true. These negative ideas have exactly the same effect upon our behavior as the negative ideas implanted into the mind of a hypnotized subject by a professional hypnotist."- Maxwell Maltz, Psycho-Cybernetics
"Skill in any performance whether it be in sports in playing the piano in conversation or in selling merchandise consists not in painfully and consciously thinking out each action as it is performed but in relaxing and letting the job do itself through you. Creative performance is spontaneous and ‘natural’ as opposed to self-conscious and studied."- Maxwell Maltz, Psycho-Cybernetics
"He must have a burning desire to solve the problem. But after he has defined the problem and sees in his imagination the desired end result secured all the information and facts that he can, then additional struggling fretting and worrying over it does not help but seems to hinder the solution."- Maxwell Maltz, Psycho-Cybernetics
"Happiness is a mental habit, a mental attitude, and if it is not learned and practiced in the present it is never experienced. It cannot be made contingent upon solving some external problem. When one problem is solved, another appears to take its place. Life is a series of problems. If you are to be happy at all, you must be happy – period! Not happy “because of”."- Maxwell Maltz, Psycho-Cybernetics
Read More: 5 Books Like Psycho-Cybernetics
And in the meantime...
Here are 5 top books like Psycho-Cybernetics...
Wish There Was a Faster/Easier Way?
Whenever you’re ready, here are four ways I can help you be more productive, find more balance and live life more on purpose…
- Curious? Discover how productive you really are… Take this free, 2-minute assessment to unlock your PQ and discover the top 25 habits you need to get big things done. Take the 2-minute quiz →
- Overwhelmed? Get a free chapter of my book… Let me show you how to beat procrastination, permanently, with this free sneak peek inside TAoL’s ultimate productivity primer. Download your free chapter →
- Stuck? Grab a 90-Day TRACKTION Planner… Get the tool thousands trust to help them take control of their time, master their habits and hit goals in every part of their lives. Order your 90-day planner →
- Burned out? Join the TRACKTION Community… Take the 6-week masterclass, get weekly group coaching, find accountability partners and connect with like-minded self-starters. Get started FREE →