M.A. Psychology, Oxford. McKinsey Alum. Founder & Editor at TAoL.
Looking for a list of good daily habits?
Curious how 8,000+ other people measure up?
You’re in the right place!
Here’s what you’ll find on this page…
You Are What You Repeatedly Do.
I’ve talked a lot about why good habits matter.
I’ve shown you EXACTLY how to build new habits into your daily routine.
The good news?
That’s exactly what you’ll find here today.
Healthy Habits => Healthy Outcomes
My goals for this article are simple:
- To give you a proven list of good habits you can work on; and
- To share a unique insight into which good and bad habits people struggle with.
Want more on how to build new habits into your daily routine?
Go check out this ultimate guide to habit tracking.
Or read some summaries of the best books on productivity ever written.
And in the meantime, let’s dive into the data and begin…
The List: 25 Good Daily Habits (& How 8,000+ People Measured Up.)
Sleep: 54% Get 7+ Hours of Sleep.
If there’s just ONE healthy habit you work on for the rest of this year, make it sleep.
You’ll find more information on sleep here (including why it matters and how to get more of it).
But for now, let me suggest that if you’re not getting AT LEAST 7-8 hours of sleep on a regular basis then you might as well give up on this list.
Building new habits is difficult. Breaking bad habits is even harder.
And attacking habit formation (or anything else) when you’re sleep deprived is pointless.
Conclusion? Follow the 54% of people who are setting themselves up for success…
GET SOME SLEEP!
And while you’re at it, don’t forget the value of…
Waking Up: 63% Start Each Day Consistently.
Exercise: 34% Exercise 4+ Times Per Week.
Hydration: 58% Keep Themselves Hydrated.
Nutrition: 50% Eat a Healthy, Balanced and Nutritious Diet.
Morning Routine: 45% Start Each Day on Purpose.
Todo List: 35% Work From a Simple Todo List.
Journaling: 25% Leverage the Power of Thinking on Paper.
Meditation/Prayer: 28% Take Time Out for Peaceful Reflection.
Mindfulness: 36% Are in Touch With How They Feel.
Deep Work: 45% Do At Least 3 Hours of Good Work Each Day.
Inbox Zero: 48% Are on Top of Their Inboxes.
Calendar: 43% Have a Solid Calendar System.
Actions List: 34% Have a Master List of Next Actions.
Projects List: 23% Have a Master List of Open Loops.
Big Picture: 20% Regularly Realign With Their Why.
Filing System: 40% Have a Place for Everything.
Time Tracking: 40% Know Where Their Time Goes.
Habit Tracking: 39% Are Building Good Daily Habits.
Daily Planning: 31% Set Tomorrow up for Success.
Daily Reflection: 29% Consciously Learn From Their Mistakes.
Gratitude: 16% Reflect on What They’re Grateful For.
Weekly Review: 17% Stay Clear and Current Every Week.
Weekly Planning: 19% Set Next Week up for Success.
Evening Routine: 33% Set Tomorrow Morning up for a Win.
Wish There Was a Faster/Easier Way?
Whenever you’re ready, here are four ways I can help you be more productive, find more balance and live life more on purpose…
- Curious? Discover how productive you really are… Take this free, 2-minute assessment to unlock your PQ and discover the top 25 habits you need to get big things done. Take the 2-minute quiz →
- Overwhelmed? Get a free chapter of my book… Let me show you how to beat procrastination, permanently, with this free sneak peek inside TAoL’s ultimate productivity primer. Download your free chapter →
- Stuck? Grab a 90-Day TRACKTION Planner… Get the tool thousands trust to help them take control of their time, master their habits and hit goals in every part of their lives. Order your 90-day planner →
- Burned out? Join the TRACKTION Community… Take the 6-week masterclass, get weekly group coaching, find accountability partners and connect with like-minded self-starters. Get started FREE →