Looking for a full, FREE Financial Peace Revisited summary?
You're in the right place!
Here's what you'll find on this page...
Financial Peace Revisited Summary
This publisher’s blurb comes from the back and flaps of the hardcover version of the book…
“With the help of a #1 New York Times bestselling author and finance expert, set your finances right with these updated tactics and practices
Dave Ramsey knows what it’s like to have it all. By age twenty-six, he had established a four-million-dollar real estate portfolio, only to lose it by age thirty. He has since rebuilt his financial life and, through his workshops and his New York Times business bestsellers Financial Peace and More than Enough, he has helped hundreds of thousands of people to understand the forces behind their financial distress and how to set things right-financially, emotionally, and spiritually.
In this new edition of Financial Peace, Ramsey has updated his tactics and philosophy to show even more readers:
- How to get out of debt and stay out;
- The KISS rule of investing—”Keep It Simple, Stupid”;
- How to use the principle of contentment to guide financial decision making; and
- How the flow of money can revolutionise relationships.
With practical and easy to follow methods and personal anecdotes, Financial Peace is the road map to personal control, financial security, a new, vital family dynamic, and lifetime peace.”
Dave Ramsey’s 37 Steps
These 37 key sub-headings are spread out through the 22 chapters of the book (see contents section below)…
- Avoid “Stuffitis” the Worship of “Stuff”
- Plant Seeds—Give Money Away to Worthy Causes
- Develop Your Own “Power Over Purchase”
- Find Where You Are Naturally Gifted — Enjoy Your Work and Work Hard
- Live Substantially Below Your Income
- Sacrifice Now So You Can Have Peace Later
- You Can Always Spend More Than You Can Make
- The Borrower Is the Servant to the Lender; So Beware!
- Check Your Credit Report at Least Once Every Two Years
- Handle Credit Report Corrections Yourself
- Realize That the Best Way for Delinquent Debt to Be Paid Is for You, Not Collectors, To Control Your Financial Destiny
- You Must Save Money (The Power of Compound Interest)
- Use the “Keep It Simple, Stupid” Rule of Investing
- Only People Who Like Dog Food Don’t Save for Retirement
- Always Save With Pretax Dollars It Is the Best Deal The Government Gives You
- Learn Basic Negotiating Skills for Great Buys
- Learn Where to Find Great Buys (the Treasure Hunt)
- You Must Have Patience to Get Great Buys
- Singles Get Self-Accountability From the Written Plan
- Singles Should Look For a Money Mentor for Advice And Accountability
- Singles Beware of the Impulse Monster; He Will Eat You Alive
- Men and Women View Money Differently, so Be Sensitive To Differences
- Opposites Attract in Marriage, So Work Together For Maximum Wisdom
- When You Agree on Spending, You Will Experience Fabulous Unity in Your Marriage
- Teach Children to Work, Spend Wisely, Save, And Give
- The Most Powerful Legacy You Can Leave Is Wise, Competent Children
- Giving Loved Ones All the Money They Request May Not Be Best for Them
- Making Decisions Based on Fear of Reprisal Can Be a Sign of Codependence
- Be Strong Enough to Help Others and Strong Enough Not To
- Listen to Your Spouse’s Counsel (Women’s Intuition)
- There Are Few “Old” Fools—Seek Experienced Counsel
- You Must Keep Your Checkbook on a Timely Basis
- Lay Out the Written Details of a Cash Management Plan
- Commit to Your Plan for Ninety Days
- Take Time to Prioritize Your Life Daily
- Keep Your Spiritual Life Healthy
- Take Baby Steps — Prioritize Your Plan and Move Slowly
Financial Peace Revisited Contents
Financial Peace Revisited has 22 main chapters…
- The Beginning… A Very Good Place to Start
- Enough of Anything Is Too Much
- The Basics (A Foundation)
- Understand the Spiritual Aspects of Money
- Let the Buyer Beware Caveat Emptor
- Career Choice
- Lifestyles of the Rich
- Dumping Debt
- Cucumbers, Collectors, and Credit Reports
- Pile Up Plunder
- “Kiss” Your Money
- Of Mice and Mutual Funds
- Buy Only Big, Big Bargains
- Single as a One-Dollar Bill
- Tying a Knot in Your Money: Marriage
- Crumb Snatchers and Money
- Family, Friends, and Money
- Carefully Consider Counsel
- Why Written?
- Do It Daily
- Baby Steps
- The End… Or Just the Beginning?
- Financial Management Forms
- National Credit Bureaus
- Sample Letter #1: Credit Bureau Cleanup
- Sample Letter #2: Creditor Calls at Work
- Sample Letter #3: Cease and Desist
Best Financial Peace Revisited Quotes
These Financial Peace Revisited quotes come from The Art of Living's ever-growing central library of thoughts, anecdotes, notes, and inspirational quotes.
"That stupid saying "What you don't know can't hurt you" is ridiculous. What you don't know can kill you. If you don't know that tractor trailer trucks hurt when hitting you, then you can play in the middle of the interstate with no fear - but that doesn't mean you won't get killed."- Dave Ramsey, Financial Peace Revisited
"Everyone has some natural talent or aptitude in one or more areas. If you can identify those areas you not only will be happier and perform more successfully in that role, but you will also become better paid for that. Our free-market system pays for performance at some point. When you have a natural talent or aptitude, coupled with desire and experience, the result is productivity plus."- Dave Ramsey, Financial Peace Revisited
Read More: 5 Books Like Financial Peace Revisited
And in the meantime...
Here are 5 top books like Financial Peace Revisited...
Wish There Was a Faster/Easier Way?
Whenever you’re ready, here are four ways I can help you be more productive, find more balance and live life more on purpose…
- Curious? Discover how productive you really are… Take this free, 2-minute assessment to unlock your PQ and discover the top 25 habits you need to get big things done. Take the 2-minute quiz →
- Overwhelmed? Get a free chapter of my book… Let me show you how to beat procrastination, permanently, with this free sneak peek inside TAoL’s ultimate productivity primer. Download your free chapter →
- Stuck? Grab a 90-Day TRACKTION Planner… Get the tool thousands trust to help them take control of their time, master their habits and hit goals in every part of their lives. Order your 90-day planner →
- Burned out? Join the TRACKTION Community… Take the 6-week masterclass, get weekly group coaching, find accountability partners and connect with like-minded self-starters. Get started FREE →