Looking for the best personal finance books of all time?
You're in the right place!
Here's what you'll find on this page...
Why These Top Personal Finance Books Matter
There are few topics as divisive or important as money.
Why? Because while “the love of money” may be “the root of all evil”, a lack of it is a huge driver mental and physical suffering.
Hundreds of millions of Americans, billions of people worldwide, are slaves to debt or trapped in poverty with what seems like no hope of escape.
And so much of that suffering shouldn’t happen.
In fact, all many folks need to find the pathway to financial freedom is a basic financial education. One that’s sorely (and shockingly) absent from our schools and universities today.
That’s why these best books on personal finance are so important.
They fill a gap that simply shouldn’t exist.
Whether you’re deep in debt, struggling with more month than money or just never had the time (or opportunity) to learn how to conquer your cashflow…
Reading just one or two books on this list is hand’s down the fastest and easiest way to boost your life satisfaction and take control of your future today.
Which Book Should You Read First?
Once the pressure’s off, you can come back to this list, scan from top to bottom and dive into whichever of these best personal finance books grabs you next.
If you loved Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover there’s a good chance you’ll also love Financial Peace Revisited. My personal favourites (and suggestions to read next) would be Rich Dad Poor Dad and then Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki.
What You WON’T Find on This Page…
This list is full of books that focus on financial freedom.
For more books on money, check out these reading lists of:
For more books to support the changes many authors suggest below, check out these lists of:
- The Best Books on Mindset (with classics like Think and Grow Rich) and
- The Best Books on Productivity (including great books on goal setting and habits).
For now, though, here’s the list of the best personal finance books of all time…
The 40 Best Personal Finance Books Ever Written
Why these best personal finance books and not others? To stay objective, I rank all my book recommendations by a combination of what’s most loved (Goodreads rating), what’s most popular (Goodreads review count) and what’s proven timelessly relevant (first publication date).
This isn’t a whimsical list. It’s a data-driven, crowdsourced collection of the best personal finance books ever published as decided by book lovers just like you.
And if you think something's missing? I LOVE book recommendations so if there are any other best personal finance books that you think deserve mentioning, email me and I’ll be sure to include them in the next round of updates.
Until then, enjoy this ultimate list of the 40 best personal finance books of all time...
Books 1-10: The Top 10 Best Personal Finance Books of All Time
The top 10 best personal finance books of all time are...
Books 11-40: The 30 Best Personal Finance Books to Read Next
Here are the next 30 best personal finance books from my database...
More Book Recommendations
Enjoyed this list of the best personal finance books of all time?
You'll also like TAoL's other book recommendations...
More Best Books of All Time (by Type)
These are some lists of overall best books to read...
More Best Nonfiction Books (by Topic)
These are some lists of best nonfiction books to read...
More Best Fiction Books (by Genre)
These are some lists of best fiction books to read...
Wish There Was a Faster/Easier Way?
Whenever you’re ready, here are four ways I can help you be more productive, find more balance and live life more on purpose…
- Curious? Discover how productive you really are… Take this free, 2-minute assessment to unlock your PQ and discover the top 25 habits you need to get big things done. Take the 2-minute quiz →
- Overwhelmed? Get a free chapter of my book… Let me show you how to beat procrastination, permanently, with this free sneak peek inside TAoL’s ultimate productivity primer. Download your free chapter →
- Stuck? Grab a 90-Day TRACKTION Planner… Get the tool thousands trust to help them take control of their time, master their habits and hit goals in every part of their lives. Order your 90-day planner →
- Burned out? Join the TRACKTION Community… Take the 6-week masterclass, get weekly group coaching, find accountability partners and connect with like-minded self-starters. Get started FREE →